Sunday, September 21, 2014

Charles Bukowski / The best love poem I can write at the moment

Bukowski and Georgia Peckham Krellner

THE BEST LOVE POEM 
I CAN WRITE AT THE MOMENT
listen, I told her
why don’t you stick
your tongue up my ass
no, she said.
well, I said
if I stick my tongue
up your ass first
then will you stick
your tongue up my
ass?
all right, she said.
I got my head down
there and looked
around
opened a section
then my tongue
moved
forward
not there, she said
ahhahahaha
not there, that’s
not the right place
you women have
more holes
than
swiss cheese
I don’t want you
to do it
why?
well, then I’ll
have to do it back
and then at the next
party
you’ll tell people
I licked your ass
with my tongue
suppose I promise
not to tell?
you’ll get drunk,
you’ll
tell
o.k., I said
roll over and
I’ll stick it in
the other
place
she rolled over and
I stuck my tongue 
in that
other place
we were in love 

we were in love 
with except 
what I said at 
parties 
and we were not 
in love 
with each others
ass holes
she wants me to 
write a love 
poem 
but I think if people 
can’t love each others 
ass holes and farts 
and shits 
and terrible parts 
just like they love 
the good 
parts 
that ain’t
complete love so, 
as far as love goes 
far as we have gone 
this poem 
will have 
to do.

8 comments: