Friday, November 1, 2013

Unspeakable by Sophie Robinson



unspeakable

by Sophie Robinson

Sophie Robinson / Indecible


Your name swallows my lips &

the backward downward rage of all

girls knocking through me, a risk of

speech a risk of love a risk of causing

a scene, zipper of my jeans against

yours & in your ear I hear the sea.

 

Your name reverses itself on my lips as

I swallow the anger like a little boy, a

battle of the body, a risk of method, the

receipt of love, the cold slither of a fence

against the zipper of my jeans & the

immediacy of your ear against my face.

 

Your name; the danger of inversion,

swallowing down everyone’s rage you

burn & shake beyond yourself you

are the danger of love & you press

your ear against the zipper of my

jeans & say ‘I can hear the sea’.

 

Your name & mine.

Swallow it down.

We invert girls we slither under

barriers we shock with proximity

we press our ears to the ground

in search of foreign pleasures.

 

Your name & mine, swallowed

downward in anger. The reversal

of the body, scars where the

danger of love obtained will show,

our fingers in our ears our

hands pressed against our eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment