Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Paul Auster / Testimony




TESTIMONY
by Paul Auster
In the high winter wheat
that blew us across
this no man’s land,
in the couplings of our anger
below these nameless white weeeds,
and because I lodged, everlastingly,
a flower in hell, I tell you
of the opening of my eye
beyond being,
of my being beyond being
only one,
and how I might acquit you
of this hiddenness, and prove to you
that I am
no longer alone,
that I am not
even near myself
anymore.



Paul Auster
TESTIMONIO
En el alto trigo invernal
que sopló hasta empujarnos
a este tierra de nadie,
en los acomplamientos de nuestra ira
más allá de esta mala hierba blanca y anónima,
y porque alojé, para siempre,
una flor en el infierno, te hablo
de la apertura de mi ojo
más allá del ser,
de mi ser más allá de ser
solo uno,
y cómo podría absolverte
de este escondimiento y probarte
que ya
no estoy solo,
que ni siquiera
estoy ya
cerca de mí.



No comments:

Post a Comment