Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pablo Neruda / 7 / Leaning into the afternoons I cast my sad nets


7
Leaning into the afternoons I cast my sad nets
by Pablo Neruda
BIOGRAPHY


Inclinado en las tardes tiro mis tristes redes

Leaning into the afternoons I cast my sad nets
towards your oceanic eyes. 


There in the highest blaze my solitude lengthens and flames,
its arms turning like a drowning man's. 


I send out red signals across your absent eyes
that move like the sea near a lighthouse.


You keep only darkness, my distant female,
from your regard sometimes the coast of dread emerges.


Leaning into the afternoons I fling my sad nets
to that sea that beats on your marine eyes. 


The birds of night peck at the first stars
that flash like my soul when I love you. 


The night gallops on its shadowy mare
shedding blue tassels over the land.






No comments:

Post a Comment