Saturday, June 4, 2016

Quotes / Emily Dickinson




QUOTES
by Emily Dickinson

Adversity


A wounded deer leaps the highest.


Boldness

Finite to fail, but infinite to venture.


Death and Dying

Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.


Dissent

Assent -- and you are sane -- , demur -- you're straightway dangerous -- , and handled with a Chain -- .


Home

Where thou art, that is home.


Joy

'Tis so much joy! 'Tis so much joy! If I should fail, what poverty! And yet, as poor as I Have ventured all upon a throw; Have gained! Yes! Hesitated so this side the victory!


Mind

The Brain is wider than the sky-.


Poetry and Poets

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Present

To live is so starling it leaves little time for anything else.


Success

Success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed.


Words

A word is dead when it is said. Some say. I say it just, begins to live that day.







No comments:

Post a Comment