Sunday, September 24, 2023

Pablo Neruda / The Condor




Pablo Neruda
El Cóndor


The Condor
Translated by Thayne Tuason

Yo soy el cóndor, vuelo
sobre ti que caminas
y de pronto en un ruedo
de viento, pluma, garras,
te asalto y te levanto
en un ciclón silbante
de huracanado frío.

I am the condor, I fly
above you that walks
and suddenly in a ring
of wind, pen, claws,
I assault you and lift you
in a whistling cyclone
of hurricane-like cold.

Y a mi torre de nieve,
a mi guarida negra
te llevo y sola vives,
y te llenas de plumas
y vuelas sobre el mundo,
inmóvil, en la altura.

And to my tower of snow,
to my black den
I’ll take you and live alone,
and you are filled with feathers
and you fly over the world,
still, in the height.

Hembra cóndor, saltemos
sobre esta presa roja,
desgarremos la vida
que pasa palpitando
y levantemos juntos
nuestro vuelo salvaje.

Female condor, we jump
on this red prey,
we tear up the life
that passes beating
and lift together
our wild flight.

Pablo Neruda 

Los versos del capitán (1952) 

No comments:

Post a Comment